In this video I will show you how I make delicious Jollof rice with beef and veggies. This recipe is especially great for on special occasions I like preparing it this particular way whenever I want my Jollof to be a little more fancy
Download my FREE E-book 👉http://bit.ly/freeebookiak
+/-500 gr. Beef
90 gr. Fresh ginger
1 Large Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Scotch bonnet
1/4 cup Water
2 Magi cubes
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (125ml)
2 Large Onion
1/4 Cup tomato paste (68 gr.)
2 Cans Tinned tomatoes (400 gr. each)
1 Scotch Bonnet
1 Red bell pepper
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Curry spices
2 Magi cubes
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 Cups (Jasmine) Rice (650g)
1 Cup Green Peas
2 Carrots cut in cubes
1. Wash and cut the beef into cubes, put it in a pan and set it aside.
2. Peel and cut the ginger and put it in a blender along with 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 scotch bonnet and 1/4 cup of water and blend until smooth (add more water if it doesn’t blend well).
4. Add the blended spices to the meat, add magi cube and salt and mix it.
5. Cook the meat, together with the spices and with the lid on the pan, on a medium fire for about 10-13 minutes.
7. While the meat is cooling a bit, put the vegetable oil in a another pan and heat it over high/medium fire.
8. Fry the meat over high/medium fire until it browns.
9. Remove the meat from the oil, and set it aside.
1. Put oil in a (new) pan and heat the oil over medium fire.
2. Cut 1 onion into small cubes and add it to the oil, fry the onion for about 5-6 minutes or until it gets a brown colour.
3. While the onions are cooking, put the canned tomatoes, scotch bonnet and fresh garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. By now the onions should be brown, to it add the tomato paste and cook it for 1-2 minutes over medium fire.
5. Now add the blended tomatoes to the pan, add the magi cube, salt and curry spices and let it cook over low/medium fire for about 8-10 minutes.
6. Wash the rice and add it to the stew, also add the green peas, cubed carrots and the fried beef.
7. Stir the rice, cover the pan with aluminium foil and then put the lid on the pan.
8. Lower the heat completely and allow the rice to cook for 25 – 30 minutes over low fire and stir every now and again (approximately every 10 minutes)
* Pay special attention to the rice the last 10 -15 minutes, during this time stir it more often (approximately every 5 minutes). Chances are the bottom part will burn a little, to avoid this from spoiling the whole dish, during these last 10-15 minutes, try to avoid scraping the bottom of the pan when stirring the rice.
My Favourite Kitchen Tools👇
Vitamix S50 Blender ➡️ https://amzn.to/2ITzEfY
KitchenAid Digital Hand Mixer ➡️ https://amzn.to/2xaed7D
My Filming Gear 🎥
Canon EOS 70D Body ➡️ https://amzn.to/3dduVna
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II SLR Lens ➡️ https://amzn.to/2UcGv9C
Rode NT-USB Microphone ➡️ https://amzn.to/2UlT2re
Rode VideoMic GO Microphone ➡️ https://amzn.to/2Ugqn6V
🎵 Music: Longing by Joakim Karud
💻 Facebook: www.facebook.com/inammaskitchen/