Question: How to apply Permaculture Design in refugee camps.
– Often a time- and space- sensitive situation with very little water or inputs.
– Try small gardening with waste recycling and natural fertilizer with minimum water.
– Grey water—shower, dishwater—cleaned with reed beds and found resources.
– Wicking beds are the lowest water-use gardens and produce a lot for their size.
– These can and need to be fertilized with a worm farm, helping to cycle waste.
– This simple approach is enough and links to a conversation about design applications.